Every Patterson horn is truly handmade. All the tapered sections of the horn are made with sheets of brass, cut and formed around a mandrel before brazing the seam together. The “sleeve” is then drawn over a precision mandrel. This process insures an even and consistent wall thickness. Other processes cause the brass to become thinner as the diameter increases. The bell is hand-hammered.
This used horn is in great condition. Unlacquered, adjustable pinky hook, one amado water key, no major dents. Valves have a great compression reading of 1.0.
No case included
Patterson Knopf general info:
- F/Bb Double Horn
- Bore .468 (11.9mm)
- Detachable Hand Hammered Bell
- Yellow Brass Body: Nickel Silver slide tubes, standard configuration
- Brass slide tubes and trim, optional configuration
- String linkages with articulated arm, mechanical thumb lever
- 3 Bell Flares Sizes available: Medium, Medium-Large, Large
- Reversible Thumb Lever, switchable to stand in F or Bb
- All tapered sections are seamed and hand hammered
- Fits in regular size case
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.